While Valentine’s Day has traditionally be reserved for couples, we think it’s an ideal day to celebrate love with your entire family. Kids, tweens and teens all embrace celebrations, and Valentine’s Day is a great day to implement small things that makes kids feel special and loved!
1. Start the day with a special breakfast Valentine’s Day Waffle Bar.
Before you send them off to school for the day, celebrate in the morning with this fun breakfast idea. A heart waffle maker is available online on Amazon, and you can add healthy toppings and dippers like yogurt, berries, bananas and nuts. Check out the full post here.
2. Shower them with love with a Valentine Heart Attack.
This activity is such a way to affirm your kids and make them feel good. You can tape a heart to their door each day from February 1st to 14th or surprise them with a whole bunch of hearts on Valentine’s morning! They will start their day feeling full of love when they wake up to this surprise. There’s a printable template here.
3. Serve a special after school snack of Valentine’s Popcorn
Give them a sweet and salty treat on Valentine’s Day when you combine white cheddar popcorn with conversation hearts and sprinkles. This snack is so much fun to create and will bring big smiles when they arrive home!
4. Create a window of pretty Watercolor Hearts
5. Pamper them with a mini manicure and pedicure! Break out the lotion and draw teeny hearts with nail art pens. They will love seeing the reminder of your love and time together every time they look down.
6. Do good. Do you know an elderly neighbor or friend who might not have a Valentine to celebrate with this year? Make his or her day by delivering a bouquet of flowers and a homemade card. It will make you ALL feel good!
7. Make Valentine’s String Art
String art is a simple craft to create that has maximum impact. Kids will love nailing the shape into place and wrapping the string around the heart shape. It’s a great way to practice fine motor skills. Valentine’s Day string art makes a great gift or is a really fun decor piece to pull out each year at Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day can be a fun holiday to celebrate with the entire family. Use these ideas and add more of your own to create a holiday that’s full of love, memorable, and unique.
Jessica lives in Southern California with her husband and three kids, and works in e-commerce at Little Skye Kid’s Boutique.