Hi, friend! Happy Mother’s Day Eve. 🌷 Short and sweet intro today, as my services are required in the front yard. We’re in the midst of a front yard makeover, and I am the team’s official “remover of all the randomly placed rocks.” Sometimes I also serve as the unofficial “dead leaf scraper.”
It’s a hoot.
So, while I go do my best to avoid crossing paths with giant earthworms (it’s a weird, irrational fear), here are some articles and videos that caught my eye this week…
- How the pandemic is changing beauty spending habits
- Yes, this is a thing —-> People are painting tiny faces on their noses.
- I just started watching this show on Netflix called Hollywood, mostly for the ’40s-era makeup, hair and clothes. According to cosmetics historian Gabriela Hernandez, “There were only three or four reds you could use in that time period, and that’s what we did,” she says. “There’s a brighter red, a deeper red, and then a dark red. We wanted it to be very authentic.”
- The NY Times ponders the question, “How Will We Buy Our Perfume Now?”
- Speaking of scents, here’s how to make your own DIY fragrance, step-by-step.
- Perfumer Frédéric Malle cracks me up. 😂 When asked what the worst smell is, he said “The smell of vulgarity. I won’t name any names. I’m being polite [laughs]. There’s a lot around. The smell of duty free.” Dude! What’s wrong with duty free? LOL!
- Be prepared for your next trivia night with these fragrance fun facts. Did you know that fresh lilies have notes of ham? Yup, BOOM. Now you do.
- How to mix your own nail polish
- Keep your best feline friend looking runway ready with these at-home grooming tips.
- If you’re living with a senior kitty, here’s how to tell if he or she has arthritis.
- Did you happen to catch the Disney Family Singalong last month? SO FUN. We really enjoyed it. There’s going to be a new one coming out Sunday night, and I can’t wait.
Hello, welcome to my childhood.
One of my favorites of the “supers” from the ’90s, Christy Turlington, on aging (she’s 51!)
Somebody please open a club for moms that opens at 6:30 p.m., closes at 8:30 p.m., and only plays hits from the 2000s.
Dear Michael McDonald, what hair products do you use? BECAUSE YOUR MANE IS ALL KINDS OF FABULOUS!
Six women who changed fashion and beauty
I won’t be doing a Spartan Super in Monterey this year thanks to The ‘Rona, but here’s what it would’ve been like. Right now I would’ve been hardcore training. Instead, I’m eating cookies, LOL!
Would you try this recipe?
An old fave of mine
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,