Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes
Renowned Korean beauty review site GLOWPICK just announced its beauty awards for the first half of 2020. Based on ratings by local consumers, the list provides insights on where K-Beauty is going. The full list is in Korean, but I’ve summarized it for you!
Cleansing & Exfoliating
Cleansers that are hypoallergenic and mildly acidic were generally preferred. Also, chemical exfoliators were more coveted than physical scrubs.
1. Cleansing Oil: Sulwhasoo – Gentle Cleansing Oil
2. Cleansing Balm: BANILA CO – Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original
3. Facial Cleanser: Dr. Oracle – Antibac Acne Cleansing Foam
4. Peeling Gel: Dr.G – Brightening Peeling Gel
5. Peeling Pad: The Saem – Derma Plan Peeling Toner Pad
Propolis was the go-to ingredient for skin care. Made by adult working bees to seal hives, this magical substance helps disinfect, repair and moisturize skin. Soothing was key when it came to masks, whether for sheet masks or mask packs.
1. Toner: COSRX – Full Fit Propolis Synergy Toner
2. Toner Pad: blanc doux – Oligo Hyaluronic Acid 7 Multi Formula Pad
3. Essence / Serum: Torriden – Dive In Low Molecule Hyaluronic Acid Serum
4. Cream: MISSHA – Super Aqua Ultra Hyalron Cream
5. Sheet Mask: Steambase – Manuka Honey Propolis Perfect Shield Mask
6. Sleeping Mask: Dr. Jart+ – Cicapair Sleepair Ampoule-in Mask
7. Nose Pack: CNP Laboratory – Anti-Pore Black Head Clear Kit
Korean consumers tend to look for sebum-proof and long-lasting makeup. MISSHA won in the BB cream category, while innisfree reigned in both the finishing powder and primer categories. Espoir’s Skinny Fix Blender was once again beauty junkies’ favorite sponge.
1. Base / Primer: innisfree – Simple Label Tinted Moisturizer [SPF50+/PA+++]
2. Foundation: JAVIN DE SEOUL – Wink Foundation Pact [SPF50+/PA+++]
3. BB Cream: MISSHA – Misa Choboyang BB Cream [SPF30/PA++]
4. Concealer: NARS – Radiant Creamy Concealer
5. Finishing Powder: innisfree – Pore Blur Powder
6. Sponge/ Puff: Espoir – Skinny Fix Blender
Brow & Eye Makeup
The winners for eye shadow were mostly the same as last year, with glittery eye makeup dominating. CLIO was the champion of the eyeliner category, while romand had the most popular eye shadow palette.
1. Brow Pencil: Benefit – Precisely My Brow Pencil
2. Brow Powder: ARITAUM – Idol Brow Powder Cake
3. Browcara: A’PIEU – Skinny Browcara
4. Eye Primer: MISSHA – Color Fix Eye Primer
5. Eye Palette: romand – Better Than Eyes
6. Gel Eyeliner: [email protected] – Last Auto Gel Eyeliner Slim
7. Pencil Eyeliner: CLIO – Sharp, So Simple Waterproof Pencil Liner
8. Liquid Eyeliner: lilybyred – Am9 To Pm9 Survival Penliner
9. Mascara: HOLIKA HOLIKA – Lash Correcting Mascara [Hyper Curling]
10. Lash Curler: Shiseido – Eyelash Curler
Korean beauty gurus look for vivid but airy lip makeup, and among the options, romand’s Juicy Lasting Tint was especially acclaimed.
1. Lip Care: 2NDESIGN – First Lip Balm Restore & Soothing
2. Lipstick: too cool for school – Glam Rock Hush Brown
3. Lip Tint/ Lacquer: romand – Juicy Lasting Tint
4. Lip Crayon: Mamonde – Creamy Tint Color Balm Intense
MISSHA’s All Around Safe Block Aqua Sun Gel beat Plant Country’s Oxygen Water Light Sun Gel, which had been the winner in the sun gel category four times in a row.
1. Sunscreen: Dear, Klairs – Soft Airy UV Essence [SPF50+/PA++++]
2. Sun Stick: NATURE REPUBLIC – California Aloe Fresh Powdery Sun Stick [SPF50+/PA++++]
3. Sun Gel: MISSHA – All Around Safe Block Aqua Sun Gel [SPF50+/PA++++]
4. Sun Base: HOLIKA HOLIKA – Make Up Sun Cream [SPF50+/PA+++]
5. After Sun Care: HOLIKA HOLIKA – Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
Bath & Body Care
Consumers remained loyal to familiar brands and products for this category. Hypoallergenic formulas took the lead, such as BEYOND’s Total Recovery Shower Cream and Derma: B’s Ultra Moisture Body Cream.
1. Body Wash: BEYOND – Total Recovery Shower Cream
2. Feminine Wash: AROMATICA – Pure & Soft Feminine Wash
3. Body Lotion/ Cream: Derma: B – Ultra Moisture Body Cream
4. Body Balm: Vaseline – Petroleum Jelly Original
5. Body Mist: BODY HOLIC – Hair & Body Mist
6. Hand Cream: Kamill – Hand & Nail Cream Intensive Plus
(Visited 64 times, 2 visits today)