Lemon curd bars or gooey lemon bars are pretty much my husband’s favorite things. He just loves lemon recipes and anything made with lemons just like I do. These easy lemon bars make such a great recipe with the addition of the coconut. Coconut recipes are some of my favorite so we combined the two with this amazing coconut lemon bars recipe. We hope that you love this Coconut Meyer Lemon Bar Recipe.
Coconut Meyer Lemon Bar Recipe
Makes 6 large gooey lemon bars, 12 small easy lemon bars or 24 mini lemon curd bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees to start your gooey lemon bars.
- Grease or spray with a non-stick cooking spray, an 8×11 inch or a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually mix in flour, cornstarch, and milk until well- blended.
- Press dough into the bottom of the prepared pan for your lemon curd bars.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour over browned crust and bake for approx. 15 minutes, until set. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Add sugar, in small amounts at a time, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Spread the meringue mixture over cooled filling and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes in a 350-degree oven, until the top is browned.
- Cool on a rack, then chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Adapted from the Cook’s illustrated lemon bars recipe and the Ina Garten Lemon Bars recipe. We hope that you are inspired by this Coconut Meyer Lemon Bar Recipe. Happy baking!
You May Also Like